Post Care for Injected Prp with Vampire Facelift
- What to Expect after Treatment: After PRP procedure the most frequently reported temporary side effects are swelling, redness, bruising, tenderness, tingling, numbness, lumpiness, and a feeling of pressure or fullness at the injection sites in the treated area. You can apply cold gel packs or ice to reduce swelling.
- To Avoid Bruising: Do not take blood thinners such as Aspirin and NSAIDS for several days after treatment. You may take Tylenol for any discomfort.
- To Maximize Results and Prevent Complications:
- For 24 hours after treatment avoid touching or scrubbing at the injection sites.
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated for 2 weeks.
- Avoid direct high heat for 24 hours after treatment. Some examples of direct heat include: blow dryer, sun exposure, sauna, steam room, very hot shower and strenuous exercise
- Makeup can be applied following treatment if desired.
- No Facials, Facial Massages, or Laser Treatments for 2 Weeks Afterward: Almost all facials, chemical peels and laser treatments may be done prior to the treatment. However, they cannot be done for 2 weeks after PRP treatment. Botox can be injected immediately before or after treatment.
- Combination Therapy for Excellent Results: PRP Therapy stimulates your skin to grow new, younger tissue. Although, PRP treatment does not prevent muscle movement or resurface the skin. Many patients see better results when combining PRP treatments with other anti-aging procedures such as Botox, HA Filler, AFT, FOCUS, etc.
- Follow up Appointment: Most patients see improvement from PRP treatment within 2-4 weeks with continued improvement for up to 12 weeks. If you have not reached your desired of correction within 4-12 weeks then the procedure can be repeated at 4-12 week intervals until you achieve your desired result.
- Maintenance Treatments: The results of PRP treatment can last up to 2 years. However results vary and research documenting the longevity of results is ongoing. Maintenance treatments are recommended every 6-12 months.
Post Care for Topical Application of Prp with Vampire Facial
- To Maximize Results: For a minimum of 5 hours after PRP treatment, Do Not: Wash your skin, expose the treated area to direct heat, or engage in activities that will get the skin wet or cause you to sweat.
- For best results and efficacy: It is recommended that a series of 3-6 treatments administered at 2-4 week intervals to see best results. You may also notice immediate and longer term improvements in your skin.