The Vampire Facial is a non-invasive treatment. It is made up of small injections into targeted areas of the face. The injections are very small and similar to those used in dermal filler treatments.
Before your treatment, you will have a thorough consultation with your physician. This is your opportunity to discuss your goals and expectations for the treatment and your physician will ask about your medical history. Whether your treatment is on the same day or at a future date, it will follow the same steps:
- Preparation: The treatment area is fully cleansed and prepared.
- Targeting injections:Your physician will mark the areas on your face that need to be freshened or lifted with a special pencil. The pencil wipes away easily.
- Blood draw:Your physician will take about 2 teaspoons of blood from your arm. This is done in the same way you would have a regular blood test.
- Isolating PRP:The drawn blood is placed in a centrifuge for 5 to 10 minutes. The centrifuge spins the blood at high speed to separate the lighter plasma from the rest of contents of the blood. This isolated platelet rich plasma (PRP) is “activated” with calcium chloride to begin releasing growth factors. These growth factors once injected into the body, will increase collagen production and have other healing effects.
- Topical anesthesia:If required or requested, your physician can apply a topical numbing cream to your face to keep you comfortable during your treatment.
- Injection of PRP: The physician injects the separated and activated platelet rich plasma (PRP) back into your face.
- Repeat:For best results you will need about three treatments spaced about a month apart. Although a single treatment can be effective for some individuals.
- Watch and wait: Growth factors contained in the plasma stimulate the release of the skin’s stem cells. What happens is the skin is being tricked into believing that it has been injured and must heal itself with new, fresh tissue. This process allows the skin to create new collagen, new blood vessels, and new cells. The results are not immediate, so you will have to wait patiently for a few weeks and even a few months, while your skin will begin to transform itself.