There are many ways to get “bikini-ready”, and one of these ways is through Brazilian hair removal methods. Brazilian laser hair removal is a fast and painless way to get rid of unwanted pubic hair. In just about 5 to 12 sessions, you may already experience the long-term benefit of Brazilian laser hair removal.
So how many weeks are the intervals between each Brazilian hair laser removal session? During the treatment period for long-term hair removal, your laser hair removal sessions may be spaced for about 4 to 6 weeks. If you’re gonna think about it, an individual Brazilian laser hair removal session may be more expensive now, but it’s much more practical in the long run.
Considerations Before Your Brazilian Laser Hair Removal
If you’re looking for a long-term solution for semi-permanent hair reduction, then laser hair removal is perfect for you. Brazilian laser hair removal treatments offer a solution to get rid of unwanted hair without razor burn or ingrown hairs.
Once you have completed the required treatment sessions for you, you’re ready to enjoy the minimal maintenance that comes with its fast procedure. You’ll also enjoy the following benefits:
- Long-term solution. As the hair follicle is heated up, any remnants to make hair growth possible is destroyed in gradual escalation as you further have your sessions. Maintenance sessions may be required but they wouldn’t be as frequent as other hair removal options.
- Precise targeting of your intimate area. Laser hair removal only targets your hair follicles so your skin would be left smooth, silky, and undamaged.
- Fast and painless procedure. If you’re tired of the pain that comes with tedious monthly sessions of waxing, then laser hair removal may be perfect for you.
- No ingrown hairs. Other methods tend to leave leftover ingrown hair while irritating your skin. But with laser hair removal, hair is removed from its very root to ensure long-term hair reduction.
- Thinner hair growth. Any pubic hair that will regrow will appear to be thinner and less dense even without going to follow-up sessions.
- Cost-effective. In the long run, the amount you’ll spend once you stop regrowing your hair will be almost equal to the endless maintenance sessions that come with other treatment options.
There are many kinds of Brazilian laser hair removal treatments. So before you get those hairs removed, decide on the form of Brazilian hair removal service that you need.
|Form of Brazilian Hair Removal||Target Area|
|Full Brazilian Treatment (i.e, Hollywood Bikini)||Vagina and anus|
|Mini Brazilian||Front parts of your genitals|
|Brazilian Plus||Pubic hair, stomach hair|
Brazilian laser hair removal is entirely up to you if you’re going to use this option to remove your hairs down there. But before you do, you may want to consider the following:
- Brazilian laser hair removal is a fleeting trend. If you’ll be having your Brazilian laser treatment just because it’s trendy, you may want to think again because trends usually change.
- Pubic hair also has its advantages. Pubic hair is there for a reason. It’s good to have them reduced for comfort or hygienic purposes, but excessive hair removal in your nether regions can make you more vulnerable to infections.
- Sometimes pubic hair may conceal signs of aging. As you age, your skin laxity changes - even down there. So you may want to hold on to at least a few hairs to cover up some signs of skin aging.
- It’s different from bikini laser hair removal. There are types of Brazilian laser treatment procedures that only shapes the pubic hair and removes stomach hair, but bikini laser hair removal specifically ensures that your bikini line is cleared up from any unwanted hair.
- This treatment may be risky for darker skin tones. Laser light targets the pigment of the hair to transmit heat and eliminate each follicle from the root. However, if you have darker skin tones, your skin may also receive some laser heat that may cause damage such as burns or discoloration. Through high-quality laser machines, you don’t need light skin for safe and effective laser treatments cause it mostly works on any skin type.
- The effectiveness of this treatment depends on your hair color. Because laser beams detect the hair through pigmentation, it works well on dark hair but not so much on light hair. So if you have lighter hair color, you may want to reconsider other treatment options.
After you’ve run through some considerations listed above and you still want to have your Brazilian laser hair removal, then the next thing you have to know is how to prepare for your procedure to achieve effective results. Among the things you can do to prepare for your laser hair removal are the following:
- Shaving. Doing this a day before your treatment will help leave the hair follicles bare so the laser energy can directly get to them. Each hair follicle is targeted by the laser beam to prevent hair from growing into the area. It’s important not to skip this step to avoid excessive heat from getting into your skin and burning them.
- Maintain your hygiene. Taking a shower is recommended to ensure the cleanliness and sanitation of the procedure to remove your unwanted hair.
- Don’t wear tight clothing after your treatment. It’s best to prepare clothes to wear after the procedure that wouldn’t put pressure on the treated area.
Tired of dealing with unwanted facial or body hair? Laser them away today with Ethos Spa.
Are You a Candidate for Brazilian Laser Hair Removal?
If you’re interested in having Brazilian laser hair removal treatment to get rid of unwanted hair, you should first know if you are eligible for the procedure in the first place. You may be suitable for laser hair removal if you:
- Aren’t pregnant
- Aren’t taking medications for acne treatments
- Aren’t prone to cold sores
- Don’t have HSV-2 (i.e, genital herpes)
Salon Laser Treatments vs. At-Home Laser Treatments
Online shopping has increased the accessibility of customers to many different products - including at-home laser treatment devices such as Intense Pulse Light (IPL) which has hair reduction benefits that you can achieve in just 4 weeks. You don’t even have to worry about having darker skin because it works for any skin tone or skin color. This may also come in handy for cost-effective repeat laser sessions.
Both salon and at-home laser hair removal procedures can produce the same results. They are also both safe and relatively painless hair removal options. However, professional expertise is needed to achieve safe and long-term guaranteed hair reduction.
At-home treatments exclude the most important factor to achieve longer-lasting hair reduction: top-ups. Top-up sessions are important to build damage to the hair follicle to ensure almost permanent hair removal.
Salon or medical spa treatments to eliminate unwanted hair use advanced and new laser hair removal technology with controlled heat to reduce the side effects after treatment. At-home laser treatment devices may also neglect how the laser beams would work on light hair color or darker skin tone, and you sure need state-of-the-art laser equipment for that.
Lastly, treatments that are supervised by a professional may include aftercare instructions or topical medication to speed up your skin’s recovery from the procedure.
Maintaining Flawlessness: How Many Weeks Between Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Sessions
Brazilian laser hair removal treatments require multiple sessions. It takes around 5 to 12 treatment session procedures to achieve long-term hair reduction. The intervals between each treatment session may take about 4 to 6 weeks.
Although these multiple treatments are expensive and it doesn’t provide you with a permanent hair removal solution, Brazilian laser removal compared with other Brazilian hair removal methods are still much more practical.
|Brazilian Hair Removal Method||Number of Treatment Sessions|
|Laser hair removal||5 to 12 treatment sessions, 4 to 6 weeks apart|
|Waxing||Once a month|
|Electrolysis||30 treatment sessions, 1 to 2 weeks apart|
Staying Safe and Smooth: Enhance Effectiveness of Brazilian Laser Hair Removal
Brazilian laser hair removal treatment itself is effective, however, there are a few extra steps you may want to take to level-up the effectiveness of your laser treatment procedure such as the following:
- Don’t use products with whitening component on the treated area before and after your treatment
- Avoid having any other hair removal methods for at least 6 weeks before your treatment
- Avoid extensive activities such as exercise for at least 3 days after your session
- Avoid caffeine for 24 hours prior to your treatment
- Tell your laser technician if it hurts to ensure that you’re on the same page all the time
- Apply aftercare treatment diligently
Aside from enhancing the effectiveness of Brazilian laser hair removal treatment, you can also reduce the damage or side effects that the procedure induced on your skin through the following aftercare tips:
- Use the prescribed topical treatment applications or apply cold compress on the treatment area for signs of skin damage such as discoloration or irritation.
- Cleanse the treated area using mild soap.
- Exfoliate the treatment area to get rid of dead skin cells faster, but do it gently.
- Avoid excessive heat exposure on the treated area (e.g, UV exposure, saunas, etc.)
- Don’t apply pressure or scratch the treatment area
Advanced Laser Hair Removal Treatments at Ethos Spa
If you’re looking for a longer-lasting, semi-permanent hair removal to eliminate unwanted hair growth, then Brazilian laser hair removal may be perfect for you. Results may not be permanent depending on your body hair, but this treatment will ensure differences in your body hair growth.
If you’re not comfortable with using lasers, there are many other Brazilian hair removal options available at Ethos Spa Skin and Laser Center. But if you are, our Brazilian laser hair removal treatment is the best you can find in the area. Book a laser hair removal appointment to look and feel your best today.