Botox is a treatment that we hear about all the time. We all probably know someone who has had Botox, after all it is the number one selling product of its kind in the world. We know that it can help the appearance of wrinkles, help with migraines and excessive sweating. But, what are the do's and don'ts of Botox? Previously we prepared you for the Botox treatment. Today we explore the what not to do after Botox procedure.
- Although it may be tempting, do not rub or massage the area where the Botox was injected for at least 24 hours. Why? You don't want to spread the Botox to areas that were not treated.
- Do not consume large amounts of alcohol after treatment. We don't recommend ever drinking large amounts of alcohol.
- Avoid strenuous activity on the day of treatment. Although Botox has little downtime, often called a "lunchtime procedure" we recommend sitting out of crossfit right after the injection.
- Schedule your facial, chemical peel or microdermabrasion procedures before you get Botox or wait 24 - 48 hours after your treatment.
- If you happen to get a Botox bruise, topical vitamin K and laser treatments can help them disappear quicker. Concealer can help cover up the bruises.
- If you experience any side effects that don't quite seem right - call your Doctor immediately or seek medical attention.
We hope you enjoyed our Botox Do's and Don'ts mini lessons. Give us a call to schedule your complimentary consultation to discuss if Botox is right for you!