Microneedling uses a small device, often referred to as a "skin pen" or "dermapen" to quickly and constantly puncture microscopic holes into the surface of the skin. This provokes a response in the body to send healing to the area. Through the healing process new collagen is produced, which can help build up damaged skin, scarring, and correct any imperfections.
There is are 2 types of skin pens:
- Cord powered
- Battery powered
Am I a good candidate for the skin pen treatment?
The skin pen treatment is most effectively used to treat the following skin conditions:
- Acne scarring
- Stretch marks
- Uneven texture
- Fine Lines
It is best to consult with a Dermatologist or certified clinic to find out if the SkinPen is the right treatment for your skin condition. They may recommend a different treatment that better suits your condition.
What should I know about the SkinPen?
Some benefits of the skin pen include:
- It stimulates natural healing using your own body.
- No chemicals or medication is injected into your skin or body.
- It can be performed on all skin colors and skin types.
- The treatment is minimally invasive.
- t can be used to target small areas or used on the entire face.
- There is little to no downtime.
- It can be performed in an office setting.
- Total treatment time takes less than 1 hour.
- You start to see results almost immediately.
Typical reactions during and immediately following treatment include:
- Slight bleeding from some of the microneedles.
- Overall red sensation across the skin.
- Slightly warmer temperature of the skin at the site of the application.
Taking care of your skin in the days following the SkinPen Treatment:
- Wash with mild cleanser
- Apply moisturizer at least twice a day
- Stay hydrated
- Use tepid water
- Stay out of the sun
- Avoid harsh chemicals