Tattoo Removal NJ
Tattoo Removal NJ: Say Goodbye to Unwanted Tattoos
Don’t feel stuck with a tattoo you no longer want. Today’s advanced laser technology makes tattoo removal safer and easier than ever before.
At Ethos Spa, we’ve performed thousands of tattoo removal procedures for people just like you, who decided to rethink their ink and opted for permanent removal.
The Gold Standard
We use the PicoSure laser system, the gold standard in tattoo removal technology. It works by sending ultra-fast light pulses into the tattoo pigments to break them into tiny, dust-like particles that are flushed out through the body’s natural processes.
It’s safe, effective, and delivers permanent results.
Key Benefits of Laser Tattoo Removal
- It’s safe and accurate
- The results are permanent
- You can choose full or partial tattoo removal.
- It works on all ink colors, including stubborn greens, blues, and blacks
- Recovery time is minimal
Call Today for Your Free Consultation
At Ethos Spa, your satisfaction is our first priority. That’s why we build plenty of time into our appointments, so we can sit and discuss your procedure honestly and in detail. We want you to have realistic expectations about your procedure, and we want to make sure we understand what you want to achieve.
Our clean, comfortable, welcoming spa is staffed by caring, experienced professionals who will go above and beyond to meet your needs. We are a recognized leader in cosmetic procedures in the New Jersey and New York areas.
Our relationship with you always begins with a free consultation. During this time, you should be prepared to discuss your goals with your Ethos Spa physician, so they can personalize a treatment plan to get you the results you want.
Ethos Spa Skin and Laser Center uses the PicoSure laser system to safely and effectively remove tattoos. This is a type of picosecond laser, meaning it emits light pulses very quickly, usually in speeds of one-trillionth of a second.
The PicoSure laser technology system works by sending its ultra-fast pulses of energy into the tattooed skin. The laser breaks the tattoo inks into tiny, dust-like ink particles.
The lymph system then sends fluid to the area to flush away the ink so it can be absorbed by the body and expelled naturally. Each laser treatment breaks the ink into smaller and smaller particles. In effect, the ink will seem to be disappearing, but it is simply being absorbed and eliminated by your body.
While the PicoSure advanced laser system is a very effective laser tattoo removal system, individual results will vary since the effectiveness of the treatment depends on many factors, including the age and size of the tattoo, the ink colors, and the patient’s skin type.
Yes. The PicoSure laser treatment system used by Ethos Spa is effective on all ink colors, including blues, greens, and blacks. It is also effective on tattoos that have been previously treated through other means.
No. The PicoSure laser system used by Ethos Spa is designed to work only on the ink in your tattoo. It will not harm the surrounding tissue.
The number of treatments depends on several factors, including the size and age of the tattoo, its location, and color characteristics.
You’ll be happy to know that the PicoSure laser system used by Ethos Spa usually requires fewer treatment sessions than with traditional lasers, but you should still count on multiple sessions.
Your Ethos Spa physician will examine your tattoo and outline a suggested number of treatments for the most effective removal. Treatments usually occur every 6-8 weeks and last for about 10 minutes a session (for an average-sized tattoo).
Generally, a good candidate is someone who:
- Is in good health. In tattoo removal, the ink of the tattoo is broken into tiny, dust-like particles and absorbed and eliminated through lymphatic drainage. The lymphatic system is the body’s cleanser. It drains toxins and other unwanted materials – like ink particles – out of the body, and is thus a very important part of the immune system. People with compromised immune systems should wait until the system has returned to a normal, healthy state before undergoing tattoo removal treatments.
- Is fair skinned. The more contrast between the tattoo ink color and the skin color, the better the results will be. This does not mean that tattoo removal won’t work on individuals with darker skin. It simply means that the procedure will go slower, as more treatments will be needed.
- Has an older tattoo. Older tattoos are easier to remove.
It is rare for laser tattoo removal to leave a scar. However, if the application of the tattoo resulted in a scar, that scar will remain. And although the scar will not be eliminated by the laser system, any tattoo pigment within the scar will be treated by the laser system. If an existing scar is a concern, be sure to ask your Ethos Spa physician about scar removal options for once the tattoo removal process has been completed.
For more information, visit:
Yes, you can opt to remove only a portion of your tattoo. Discuss these details with your Ethos Spa physician in detail during your initial consultation.
While at the spa, an antibiotic cream will be applied to the treated area, then it will be covered with a sterile dressing for protection and to help prevent infection. Your Ethos Spa physician will give you detailed instructions for your skin care routine at home, for best results after the procedure.
Minimal side effects include swelling, redness, and slight blistering of the treated area. These side effects are normal and temporary. Your Ethos Spa physician will give you detailed instructions for how to treat your skin for best results after the procedure.
Many individuals report that the process of removing the tattoo is very similar to the process of getting the tattoo. There is discomfort, but it is generally bearable. However, there are some numbing options available to help diminish and alleviate pain during the procedure. Be sure to discuss this topic with your Ethos Spa physician during your initial consultation.
The PicoSure laser system is specially designed to remove tattoos, as well as acne scars, fine lines and wrinkles (such as crows feet), and pigmented lesions. It is not effective for vein removal, spots removal, nor is it an effective cellulite treatment.
R20 is not a laser system. It’s a method of treatment that involves passing the laser over the tattoo more times per treatment session, with the goal of breaking down the tattoo pigment faster and thus achieving faster results. Talk to your Ethos Spa physician about R20 in detail if you would like to learn more about the pros and cons of this method.
Tattoo removal is usually easier on individuals who are fair skinned. The more contrast between the tattoo ink color and the skin color, the better the results will be.
This does not mean that tattoo removal won’t work on individuals with darker skin. It simply means that the procedure will go slower, as more treatments will be needed.
The PicoSure and the Q-switched laser are different types of laser systems. Not only do they work differently, but they have different results, as well.
Generally, in comparison to the Q-switched laser, the PicoSure system requires fewer treatments, has a shorter recovery time, and works better on stubborn tattoo colors.
For more info, read:
Good question! We love that you’re interested in doing all you can to look your best and take optimal care of your skin.
During your initial consultation, please be sure to discuss every procedure you’re interested in (laser hair removal, fat transfers, and other), so your Ethos Spa physician can recommend the best options for achieving your cosmetic goals.
No. Tattoo removal is not a type of plastic surgery; it's a non-invasive laser procedure with minimal risk and minimal recovery time.
It’s estimated that one in five adults has a tattoo, and 11% of those individuals later decide to have their tattoos removed. If you’re considering tattoo removal, here are some tips to help you select the right physician and clinic to perform laser treatment.
- Find out how long the clinic has been in business and their experience with tattoo removal procedures. You’ll want to make sure they use the latest, most proven technology, and that they have performed the procedure thousands of times with successful results.
- Interview the physician and clinic staff. Ask about board certification, continuing education and training, professional association memberships, how long they’ve been in business, and how many procedures they’ve performed.
- Take the time to educate yourself before your initial consultation. You’ll still have questions, but by doing some research in advance you’ll be better able to spot overpromises or poorly-trained staff. If you encounter anything that causes you hesitation, walk away and continue your search elsewhere.
- Establish a firm price for the procedure and discuss options for payment. A reputable clinic will have a menu of services that clearly states prices for each. And by asking about payment options, you’ll know whether you need to have cash in hand at the time of service or whether you can pay on a monthly installment plan.
- Ask to see a before and after photo gallery or a video gallery. A good clinic will take pride in showcasing their outstanding work and will be pleased to share their before and after photos. The photos will help provide you with a realistic expectation of the results that can be achieved and will be visible evidence of the spa’s capabilities.
- Get references. Ask your friends, family, and coworkers if they can recommend a good clinic. Check out online reviews, too. They can be a great resource. But be careful. You have to know what to look for, since the Internet is awash with fake reviews. Here are a few tips:
- Check out the reviewer to see what other reviews they’ve given. Be wary of first-time reviewers.
- Look for quantity. Five hundred reviews are much easier to trust than twelve.
- Look for a response from the business owner. Caring businesses take the time to know what their customers are saying about them and take the time to respond on occasion.
- Pay attention to how the business responds to a negative review. A reputable business owner will respond in a tone that is considerate and respectful, and that shows an eagerness to make things right.
Before & After
What Our Clients Say About Us*
Had a massive back tattoo that tons of people said I couldn’t take off anymore. Ethos has done a really great job so far. Going back for another couple of sessions but I just wanted to write this as an early thanks for such a professional experience!
Quality of work is amazing. I didn’t get any scars or burns or anything at all. Thanks for the awesome tattoo removal! If only you guys did tattoos too..
Doubtful this would work at first, but it did, and I’m satisfied with the results. I mentioned exactly what I expected and they delivered. They also took the time to talk to me about what would happen. Appreciate that so much!