Have you ever tried your luck with topical steroid creams and moisturizers with less or no results? Have you been striving to ameliorate the appearance and texture of your skin but rather unsure of the latest treatments whether they are right for you? Do you want to put your best face forward by improving your skin texture and firmness, as well as having a reduction in scars, pore size, and stretch marks?
Well, fantastic news awaits you! One of the latest skin therapies is micro needling which can help improve skin conditions such as fine lines, small thin wrinkles for instance on the upper lip and around eyes, acne scarring, skin laxity, enlarged pores and uneven skin tones. The overall appearance and health of your skin can be enhanced. It is the hottest new trend in skin care. It also increases your own capability to produce collagen. A treatment that increases collagen brings along many skin concerns, namely aging. Hollywood celebrities are actually using this treatment to appear younger and more natural.
There are several ways to augment the amount of collagen you produce and how much you retain. This procedure nourishes the skin for the greatest amount of collagen production. However, irritants should be strictly avoided as the side effects can become more than what you bargained for! Most skincare regimens are for intact skin and consist of ingredients that could be inflammatory or harmful if applied to the compromised skin. Micro-needling produces microchannels into the skin and care must be taken to prevent unwanted inflammation.
Thrilled and excited by this new type of treatment? Read further to be amazingly pleased by more incredible facts!
The SkinPen which is created by Bellus Medical fulfilled both the nutritional needs of the skin and the need for decreased inflammation when they created Skinfuse. Skinfuse is considered as a post micro-needling skincare protocol which gives you maximum collagen and less downtime.
Research studies show that there is a greater than 600% increase in collagen by using a skincare protocol like Skinfuse. The skin requires very specific needs when creating collagen. Vitamin C is very important and is the co-factor that is used to create collagen from procollagen. Other essential nutrients are manganese, zinc, copper and Vitamin A. Vitamin A in larger amount can prove to be inflammatory.
Skinfuse has addressed all these nutritional needs. It has formulated a rescue gel that soothes the skin. Bear in mind that inflammation is very bad for collagen. Products as colloidal oatmeal, aloe, and Borrago Officinalis Seed Oil can be used to help calm the skin and avoid any inflammation.
Some benefits of the Skin Pen are:
- It stimulates natural healing by making use of your own body.
- There are no chemicals injected into your skin.
- It is for all skin colors and skin types.
- A minimally invasive treatment.
- Small areas can be targeted as well as large areas or the whole face.
- Unlike traditional laser treatments, it provides little to no downtime.
- The treatment can be performed at the office and does not require extensive training or expensive equipment.
- Total treatment time typically takes less than 1 hour from beginning to end.
- Immediate results can be seen within the next days after treatment.
Important Instructions after Skin Pen Treatment
In order to avoid side-effects, there are certain things that should be done after the treatment.
- Make sure not to make use of any products that are not specially designed to be used with micro-needling for the first 24 hours after the treatment. These skin products might include sun and tanning lotion, makeup, creams and body lotion, facial peels or any skin care products that contain harmful ingredients for the skin which cause irritation to the skin after the treatments. It is highly recommended to avoid any use of these products as the Skin Pen treatment easily absorbs any product placed on your skin.
- Alcohol-based products should equally be avoided because they can make your skin feel dry.
- Avoid going out into the sun after the process.
Have you ever tried a Skin Pen treatment? If yes, would you recommend it to your friends and family? Would you ever try considering the Skin Pen treatment? Do share your experiences and feedback in the comments!