Facial enhancements have been made widely available, thanks to technological advancements in aesthetic treatments. What’s even better is that these aesthetic treatments don't always have to be surgical anymore. Now, there are minimally invasive yet equally effective treatment options to enhance one’s facial features. One of these non-surgical cosmetic treatments includes dermal fillers.
So how will people benefit from chin dermal filler treatments? Dermal fillers for chin enhancement can improve the overall appearance of the face by elongating the chin area for a more pronounced chin. Chin fillers are a safer way to look and feel your best without the downtime and risks that come with cosmetic surgery.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers for Chin Enhancement
Having your own aesthetic goals is a normal thing because not every individual is born with their desired facial feature. For instance, some people may have a chin area that doesn’t complement their appearance in the way they desire.
Aside from that, aging is inevitable and its signs are definitely manifested in the way of facial lines, folds, and wrinkles. Individuals don’t always have to live with the signs of skin aging for a long period of time if they can simply have a chin filler treatment to rejuvenate their skin and restore their youthfulness.
So if you’re looking into treatment procedures to enhance your chin area or lower face to improve face shape, chin dermal filler injection treatments can help you achieve the transformation you deserve. Unlike plastic surgery, chin dermal filler treatments have the following benefits:
- Minimally invasive chin enhancement treatment
- Nonsurgical chin augmentation
- No incisions and scarring
- Minimal risks and side effects
- Minimal to no downtime
- Short recovery period
Dermal filler treatments are personalized and tailored specifically to a patient’s needs. Not all patients have the same aesthetic goal or aesthetic needs so treatment plans are customized depending on their individual beauty goals, medical history, and overall needs to ensure that patients get the best out of their chin augmentation treatment session.
Chin fillers can be the initial option before resulting in drastic aesthetic procedures such as plastic surgery. However, there are instances when chin fillers may not be sufficient to treat severe problem areas so other cosmetic treatments may be recommended by your plastic surgeon.
There are also cases when surgical methods aren’t necessary even if chin fillers are not enough to treat a problem area. Chin fillers can simply be combined with other cosmetic treatments (e.g, Botox and laser skin resurfacing) that are compatible and complementary with to ensure the effectiveness of the treatment without the need to undergo plastic surgery.
Looking for New Jersey's best dermal fillers?
Contact us today for your filler appointment.
Who Can Have Dermal Fillers for Chin Augmentation
Most people are eligible for dermal fillers on the chin, particularly if they are in good health. However, there are limits to what chin fillers can do so it’s important to go through an initial consultation with an aesthetic provider to clarify the aesthetic goals so the entire treatment plan is guided by it.
Dermal fillers may enhance the chin area but only to a certain extent. It can’t reduce the prominent or bulging chin and some reshaping needs may require surgical methods performed by a plastic surgeon. Additionally, you can’t have dermal fillers if you:
- Have signs of skin infection and cold sores around the mouth
- Are currently breastfeeding
- Are currently pregnant
If you have plans to undergo plastic surgery or any other cosmetic treatments that can affect the current filler results, then you may also want to consult with your aesthetic provider for a more feasible treatment plan. In addition, other treatment plans may also be recommended for you if you have a history of:
- Allergic reactions to dermal filler substances (e.g, hyaluronic acid, calcium hydroxyapatite, polylactic acid, PMMA)
- Allergic reactions to other dermal filler ingredients (e.g, lidocaine)
- Swelling or breathing difficulty from allergic reactions
- Bleeding and blood clotting disorder
Types of Chin Filler Substances
There are many kinds of chin filler substances that aesthetic providers may recommend to you. The type of injectable filler substance to be injected into a patient’s face depends on their medical history and aesthetic goals. The following dermal filler substance can be used by aesthetic providers are:
- Hyaluronic acid fillers. HA fillers are the most commonly used facial filler substance that restores collagen in the treatment area while stimulating new collagen production. Hyaluronic acid filler treatments result in hydrated-looking skin. The risk of allergic reactions is much lower when using hyaluronic acid filler substances because hyaluronic acid is a substance that’s naturally found in the body. The brands that use HA filler substances include Belotero Balance, Restylane Lyft, and Juvéderm Voluma.
- Calcium hydroxyapatite fillers. Calcium hydroxyapatite consists of calcium particles inside a smooth and thick gel, which is naturally found in the bones. This lasts longer than HA fillers so others may opt to use this dermal filler substance. Currently, Radiesse fillers are the only FDA-approved calcium hydroxyapatite dermal fillers.
- Poly-L Lactic acid fillers. Poly-L lactic acid is a synthetic substance used in dermal fillers to stimulate collagen production in the skin. No immediate results are initially visible because results gradually show over time. Sculptra aesthetic fillers contain this synthetic filler substance.
- Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) fillers. PMMA is a biocompatible synthetic substance that doesn’t just restore collagen and stimulate new collagen production. PMMA also creates a microsphere to encourage and support new collagen production within the skin. A brand that uses PMMA substances is Belafill.
Hyaluronic acid fillers are temporary dermal fillers while the rest are semi-permanent or permanent dermal fillers. Despite that, some patients still prefer HA fillers over semi-permanent or permanent ones.
The temporary effect of fillers also ensures that their adverse effects are temporary. Particularly, HA fillers may easily be dissolved with hyaluronidase so the risk of long-term adverse effects is fairly minimal compared to chin fillers using other dermal filler substances.
Dermal Fillers for Chin Results
Chin filler treatments usually take about 15 to 30 minutes to take. Most of the time, this procedure isn’t painful, although minimal discomfort and pain may still be felt by the patient. The dermal filler injections already have an anesthetic component, but depending on their preference and their aesthetic doctor’s recommendation, topical anesthesia may be applied.
Dermal fillers for the chin do more than improve the chin area and enhance the overall facial asymmetry, this can also act as a jaw filler. As dermal fillers hydrates and plump the skin, they can also lead to the following results:
- Instantly volumizes the chin area
- Strengthens weak chin
- Improves jawline
- Eliminates or reduces double chin
- Modifies receding chin
- Alters face shape and definition
- Seamlessly contours chin and jawline
- Natural-looking and long-term results
Results are immediately visible right after the treatment procedure. Although the full results may be visible once the dermal filler substance has fully settled within the skin, which typically takes up to 2 weeks.
How Long Do Dermal Fillers for Chin Last?
Chin fillers may last for approximately 6 to 12 months, depending on the different factors that affect the longevity of fillers. Repeat treatment may be necessary, depending on the initial results. This depends on your treatment plan and the factors affecting the longevity of chin fillers such as:
- Type of filler used
- Amount of filler placed
- Chin filler injection location
- Aftercare and maintenance
- Individual’s metabolic process
How Much Do Chin Dermal Fillers Typically Cost?
Chin filler treatments typically cost less than other cosmetic treatments, although it still varies depending on the amount and type of dermal filler injections needed. Typically, a syringe of chin filler injection costs from $500 to $1,000. For a more accurate estimation, consult with an aesthetic provider. Only seek the services of an expert aesthetic doctor to get the best value out of your chin filler treatment.
Some may still find dermal fillers as a costly cosmetic treatment. But there may actually be payment options that may result in a more feasible payment scheme to help you achieve your beauty goals. Some clinics or aesthetic doctors are offering installment payment options, all you have to do is inquire about it.
Side Effects of Dermal Fillers for Chin Area
Similar to other cosmetic treatments, there are still side effects from getting chin fillers for nonsurgical chin enhancement. Aside from the minimal discomfort and pain that comes with every injection treatment, some expected side effects that may be visible around the chin area following your chin filler injections are:
- Redness of discoloration
- Swelling or tenderness
These side effects generally subside once the chin filler substance settles within the skin. Choosing the right aesthetic provider can minimize the likelihood or severity of these side effects as they are experienced in properly administering these injection treatments. This may also help patients reduce their risk of severe adverse effects such as vascular occlusion.
In addition, following aftercare instructions set by your plastic surgeon can also help the skin heal faster from the treatment and shorten the recovery period. So it helps to take note of the aftercare instructions following the treatment session for best results.
Aftercare Instructions for Chin Dermal Fillers
The post-treatment care that a patient does is crucial in the effectiveness and longevity of the chin filler treatment results. Aftercare instructions also allow for a much faster recovery period from the expected side effects and chin filler procedure as the fillers fully settle within the skin. So it’s important to take note of the following after your treatment session:
- Stay hydrated and don’t drink alcohol
- Apply ice to reduce the swelling after the treatment session
- Avoid blood thinning medication and supplements
- Don’t apply pressure in the chin area after the treatment session
- Keep your head elevated for at least 4 hours after the treatment session
- Maintain the skincare regimen prescribed by your plastic surgeon
Affordable and Effective Chin Dermal Filler Treatment
Chin fillers can improve facial symmetry and overall facial appearance. A chin filler treatment procedure may have its own limitations, but it’s still an effective alternative to surgical procedure options (i.e, chin implant). For best results, only seek the services of a qualified plastic surgeon or aesthetic team who can help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
At Ethos Spa Skin and Laser Center, we strive to provide the highest standards of quality, care, and service in all of our aesthetic treatments. We also provide aesthetic treatments with transformative results such as a lip filler treatment, cheek filler, jawline filler, tear trough filler, hair restoration, laser hair removal, and acne treatment, guided by a team of board-certified aesthetic doctors.
Get in touch with our team of aesthetic doctors at Ethos Spa Skin and Laser Center today.