Chemical peels are a popular procedure which can improve the appearance of the skin,
particularly on the face, neck or hands. A peel can address a number of common skin issues, including:
● Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
● Reversing effects of sun damage and aging on the skin.
● Diminish the appearance of some scars
● Reducing age spots and/or freckles
● Minimizing effects of melasma (a skin condition of dark patches brought about by pregnancy or use of birth control pills)
● Treatment of certain forms of acne
The chemical peel is a procedure where a chemical solution is applied to the skin that makes the top layers of skin “blister” and peel away, revealing newer skin underneath. A chemical peel usually involves approximately 5 to 7 days for recovery time. During this time, it is common to see effects similar to sunburn, including redness and scaling. A mild chemical peel may be repeated every 4 to 6 weeks, while a more aggressive treatment should only be considered every 6 to 12 months. A medium or heavy chemical peel may also have a longer recovery time, as skin may swell, blister and crack. Recovery in this case may also take twice as long for recovery.
Avoid excessive sun exposure after a chemical peel. Your new skin will be sensitive to sunlight, so be sure to wear a “wide spectrum sunscreen on the affected areas every day.
Schedule an appointment with our highly trained staff to see if a chemical peel is the right solution to help you reach the look you desire.
Call Now! 908-273-5400 (Summit) | 201-541-6600 (Englewood)