In spite of the fact that virtually every beauty guide out there advises us to respect the facial skin care trio, namely the notorious cleansing, toning and moisturizing routine, unfortunately most women misunderstand what cleansing the skin is all about.
To put it simply, while a proper cleansing implies a skin free from grime, dirt and dead cells, that does not necessarily mean your skin has to be dripping moisture out of every pore. Because cleansing represents a paramount step in your skincare regime, let’s find out how you too can do it right:
- Cleaning your facial skin two times per day, namely in morning and before you go to bed, is considered an effective prevention method for various skin conditions, including acne.
- While there are numerous beauty soaps on the market, you should know that most of them dry and roughen your skin. Visit a dermatologist and ask for advice regarding a suitable cleanser for your type of skin.
- Before you apply the cleanser on your face, it is important that you wash your hands thoroughly and remove all makeup. Even though it doesn’t seem like much, the truth is that you are allowing the cleanser to get straight into the action without having to perform the extra task of removing the makeup residues.
- When applying the cleanser you should massage it in upward movements in order to counter the gravity pull. In general, a 2 minute massage session with a suitable cleanser is more than enough for a glowing and youthful-looking skin.
- Considering that the aforementioned massage is one of the tricks to counter the effects of aging, remember to apply the cleanser onto your entire face up to the hairline and neck line, not just on the cheeks!
- In the eventuality that you notice blackheads, then the simplest way to get rid of them is to cleanse over hot water. While the warm water does most of the work for you, meaning that it opens up the pores, all you need to do is gently wipe your face with a soft, clean towel to ensure you got everything out.
- As many women who start to cleanse two times per day have observed, it is very likely to develop a few spots at first. It is important to note that the spots are nothing more than the results of your skincare routine, namely bringing the impurities to the surface of the skin. Rest assured, they will pass as fast as they develop.
- After every cleansing session, do not forget to splash some cold water onto your face to close the pores.
- In order to remove the excess water from your face and neck line, the best solution is to buff with a clean towel or wipe. Scrubbing the water dry or dragging the towel on your face could always irritate the skin.
- Because the cleanser removes the oil from your epidermis, applying a moisturizer or an emollient will ensure a well-hydrated and glowing skin.